Thursday, March 08, 2007

it came!

as some of you may know, i've been having a minor obsession with dirigibles of late. they have been appearing in my thoughts, my conversations, and especially my dreams. i don't know why. maybe because of this song. but i can't seem to get them out of my head or even the physical world around me. suddenly, they're all i can see and they're everywhere.

so i bought a model building kit. it arrived yesterday. balsa wood and airplane glue. i don't know why, but i think the construction of a model dirigible will cure my obsession. as if by building it i'm taking the idea from my head and putting it into a physical creation. i can then put it on a shelf in my room and reflect on it gently from time to time, but it will no longer haunt me. so, ladies and gentlemen, i give you the USS Los Angeles:


wish me luck!

No comments: