Thursday, September 27, 2007

i went on a date with this guy

from LA Can't Drive
And this just in....
A reader emailed this to me, and I just had to share. "My true story... I watched a guy in stop and go Friday traffic on the 10, driving with his knees while practicing his ukulele. I know he was practicing because he had his sheet music propped up on the passenger seat and was turned sideways so that he could read it as he drove. I only wish I had a photo."
no, seriously. we met at a coffee shop. he made me a mix of bluegrass and indie rock. we went on one date and he explained to me that he used traffic time to learn new instruments. it started with the harmonica and progressed from there.

later he told me i reminded him too much of an ex-girlfriend he wasn't yet over. he was upfront about it and there were no hard feelings. it was just one date.

but it makes me happy to know he's still out there, playing the ukelele in traffic.

No comments: