Monday, March 06, 2006

i'm still not speaking to me

so i had to vent this somewhere:

crash is garbage. i usually don't really care about this kind of thing, and it wouldn't really have made a ripple if any of the other nominees had won. but crash?!? are you kidding me? it was the most heavyhanded, unnuanced, white-guilt-induced waste of two hours of my life.

and the squid and the whale should have won best screenplay.

the only worthwhile parts of the evening were meryl streep and lily tomlin's tribute to robert altman, and three 6 mafia's win, despite the interpretive dance.

2 comments:

hiroshi ryan said...

I have to agree with you. Crash was shit. But I did enjoy jon stewart even if most of the audience didn't.

Anonymous said...

OOOH!

I will happily be the Lily to your Meryl or vice versa. Sound good?