Tuesday, May 02, 2006

i should be working

but instead i'm procrastinating with this little bit of silliness (courtesy of ryan senseless). basically, you put your mp3 player on shuffle and "answer" each one of these questions with a song - whichever song comes up next on the shuffle. here's mine:

Will I get far in life?
in the morning of the magicians – the flaming lips
the universe will have its way, too powerful to master…

How do my friends see me?
mouth to mouth – adult
dirty electronic music. i doubt it.

Where will I get married?
50 ways to leave your lover – paul simon
guess not.

What is my best friend’s theme song?
double dare – yo la tengo
boh

What is the story of my life?
bird and flag – the sea and cake
yeah, it’s pretty nonsensical to me too.

What was high school like?
astro – the white stripes
i was not this badass in high school. i was like, the anti-badass. still am.

How can I get ahead in life?
dirty eyes (sex don’t sell) - the raveonettes
i guess I have to stop using sex to get ahead. damn!


What is the best thing about me?
need you tonight – INXS
rawr

How is today going to be?
la valse d’amelie (version orchestre) – yann tierson
oh i think it’s going to be a nice day.


What is in store for this weekend?
the girl from ipanema – stan getz and astrud gilberto
this probably means I’m going to cook, which is a fair assumption.

What song describes my parents?
all summer long – the beach boys
yes


My grandparents?
vegetables – brian wilson
yes again


How is my life going?
california – joni mitchell
california, i'm coming home...

What song will they play at my funeral?

leisure suite – feist
in my leisure suite...come lie next to me
kind of creepy.

How does the world see me?
just can’t get enough – nouvelle vague

Will I have a happy life?
don’t stop living in the red – andrew w.k.

What do my friends really think of me?
triste – antonio carlos jobim
sigh.

Do people secretly lust after me?
front 2 back (todd terry remix) – playgroup
i’m going to take that as a yes.


How can I make myself happy?
philter – fantastic plastic machine

What should I do with my life?
danger of the water – the futureheads
you got everything together, you sailed it down the river, you said it was relaxing, then you disappeared forever…


Will I ever have children?
the soil featuring e-40 – turftalk
ummm?


What is some good advice?
them and me – brendan benson
taking your time, you won't be rushed, you'll move at your own pace

What is my signature dancing song?
women’s realm – belle and sebastian
yeah! although if this weekend was any indication, i would have expected some booty hip hop.

What do I think my current theme song is?
surf’s up – brian wilson
apparently i’m tripping BALLS.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
hold me now – thompson twins

What type of men/women do you like?
clementine – elliott smith
yeah…no.


No comments: